New College Durham has been graded as outstanding by Ofsted and the College’s excellence and innovation has been recognised by the awarding of the Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS) Beacon Status.
With more than 90 years’ experience, New College Durham is rated in the top 10% of colleges in the UK for achievement in Further Education and apprenticeships. Higher Education students rate it in the top 10% for student satisfaction and the College has achieved silver standard in the Teaching Excellence Framework; plus student achievement and retention rates are among the best in the country.
New College Durham is one of only a small number of colleges to have been granted Foundation Degree Awarding Powers (FDAP). This means that the College can design its own foundation degrees and can introduce an exciting range of new qualifications.
We are now Office for Students Registered. That means we meet the Office for Students requirements for course quality, academic standards, student support, student protection and more.
New College Durham is an outstanding college in so many ways:
- A history of sustained outstanding performance at most lengths, levels and age groups
- Outstanding support for learners
- Strong emphasis on teaching and learning leading to excellent outcomes
- Strong strategic leadership and performance management which promotes high achievement for all
- Ethos of continuous improvement and mutual respect for all
- Significant contribution to social inclusion
- Outstanding and well maintained learning environment.