University Canada West (UCW) is a private, for-profit university in British Columbia, Canada, which offers a range of career-focused programs including Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication and Master of Business Administration. It is worthy of note that the university has Education Quality Assurance Accreditation (EQA) and Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). UCW has also been ranked among top ten online universities in Canada.
The university has two campuses in Vancouver - West Pender Street and Vancouver House (October 2020). UCW enrolls 3700+ students from more than 45 countries in four sessions throughout the year. Aspiring applicants can apply for University Canada West admissions in January, April, July and October.
University Canada West Rankings
The following are the noteworthy University of Canada West (UCW) rankings by various agencies and organizations:
- According to UniRank Rankings, the university is placed at 74th in the list of Canadian Universities and 4770th in the list of World Universities.
- According to Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021, UWC is ranked 601 to 801st and 401 to 500th according to Times Higher Education US College Rankings 2021
- #171-#221 Best Colleges among National Liberal Arts Colleges
- University Canada West’s MBA programs are ranked #4 in ApplyBoard’s top 10 Canadian university programs.
University Canada West Campus
- University Canada West campuses are located in downtown Vancouver- New Vancouver House Campus and West Pender Campus
- It’s other campus, the London Building History, occupies six floors of the heritage-designated structure and is cited only steps away from public transit, which includes the Waterfront SkyTrain Station, the SeaBus Terminal, and bus routes.
- The student body on campus at UCW is made up of up to 52 different nationalities. The average class size is 20-22 students
University Canada West Residence
- UCW does not provide any kind of on-campus accommodation.
- University Canada West is into partnership with 4stay, a SaaS-Enabled marketplace for student and intern housing, to make a variety of housing and affordable rooms available to students for rent purposes around the University campus and Greater Vancouver.
- Room features include bed(s), closet, beddings, tiled or wooden floor, chair, table, drawer, curtains, and room lamps.
- There is a 100,000 CAD housing insurance for students at 4stay. There is also a flexible cancellation policy and room reservation doesn’t require any deposit.
Programs offered at UCW
- University Canada West offers various programs including undergraduate, graduate and short courses.
- Some of the popular undergraduate courses include Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication and Associate of Arts.
- Popular graduate degree programs at UCW include master of business administration and MBA foundation.
- Some of the short courses are Blockchain Project Management Certificate Program, Blockchain Entrepreneurship (BE), Certified Marketing Professional DMI and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).